Tuesday, May 3, 2011

I painted a parade of baby animals tussling. They aren't finished yet, I'm hoping to add banners or flags or something to the background. I had originally been planning on painting the animals in more detail and color but, for now, I like them the way they are.


Highlights from the parade.

Also, Yesterday my friend Jullie Torres did an epic art project called open 24 hours in which she painted for 12 hours and then had a 12 hour opening giving all the paintings she made to the guests. Read more in this article http://hyperallergic.com/23729/julie-torres-24-hours/  In addition to the article, there is a super amazing video of the event compiled from images taken by a camera once a minute throughout the process.

Here are the paintings Julie had left on the wall as I headed home.
 And here is the painting I took home with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment