Friday, April 22, 2011

Planning

I've got two big projects in the works.

First, I'm going to make a giant piñata, probably lion shaped, and somehow fill it with all my art themes. Then I'll have a giant party to break it.

I've been thinking more about word art as I doodle in my sketch book (see below) as well as the idea of narrative art. I am thinking of making some kind of unorthodox graphic novel like thing. I've got an idea cooking, but need some thoughts on important questions, namely what is art, what makes something a work of art, and what can art be used for. If you have any thoughts on the matter, I'd love to hear them.

1 comment:

  1. I think Art is about the unnecessary. Seriously. I think for something to be a work of art, it sort has to be inessential - It can't fulfill a basic need - food, shelter, etc. Sure, art can educate, art can inform, all that shit, but the primary "purpose" of a work of art must be about magic - It has to work on the senses in such a way that if it's done correctly, you will experience something truly alien to your everyday life yet recognizably connected to the human experience as a whole. I think this works for every type of art, from films and theater to novels, paintings, and even music.

    -Adam Mazer

    ReplyDelete