Monday, February 28, 2011

Highlights from yesterday.

Julie holds up her favorite painting of the night for a picture. Visit her website to see more of her art http://julietorres.weebly.com

I think this is the first painting I made yesterday. Because I was doing two an hour, I didn't have time to properly document them, and am now unsure of their order. Because I made so many, I'm only posting about half of them. PS I stole this boat from a famous artist. Haha!


A return to the sailboat-bathtub idea.

I made something abstract. Also it isn't rectangular, you can see the shape of the paper if you look closely.

This is an abstraction of a drawing by Schiele

This reminds me of bats circling the moon. I spilled my ink to too long into the 12 hours, and the round shape is the inky imprint of my water bucket on the paper.

Iphigenia came to the party.

I am super into this one. 

Sammy! There is something about this that really captures his personality. Also, it's a drawing. I love drawing!

I was going to put feathers in this, but I forgot. I like it the way it is, so I'm glad I forgot. 

Just rehashing some old themes. This, like many of these is smaller than I'm used to working (about 8x10). I like making these intense little paintings.

A better photograph of one that I posted yesterday.

Eeriest happy birthday song ever. 

You may recognize her, she shows up some times in all her angst and invisibility.  I feel like I'm getting a good hang of using silhouettes.
 This was my 24th and final painting of the night. It is small and sweet and wonderful.

1 comment:

  1. these look fabulous- what a great night. julie

    ReplyDelete