Saturday, October 16, 2010

Day 402: A way to spend your saturday.

I had planned to make 4 paintings in 8 hours today. These paintings would be twice the size of my 12 in 12's and could be a good way to transfer the 12 in 12 energy into my larger works.

I started with a fabric collage and an idea I had been thinking about from my swan feather paintings. And I worked on it ALL DAY. It's a bit of a mess, and I'm hoping that Monday I'll come into my studio and know just how to fix it. Translating using fabric in my 12 in 12 to a larger work turns out to be much trickier than I had anticipated.

Another thing I'm going to have to work on is finding a way to include fine detail, to keep the larger work interesting up close, without over working things. I'm thinking different textures might be the way to go here. I will do an actual 4 in 8 some time soon, maybe leaving out the fabrics to start out.

No comments:

Post a Comment