Friday, September 24, 2010

Day 380: Feathers in her hair

I worked more on the drawing I started yesterday. There is some paint in it now. I'm still figuring it out, but here is what I have so far.

Today is the day of my collaborative ritual with Maggie and Annie. We three lived in providence together for the past 5 years, and have been with each other through many transformations and epiphanies.

Now we all live in different places. Though we miss each other, we are also always together. To remember this, we are wearing three feathers in our hair all day today, one for each of us. Maggie wrote instructions for a labyrinth we will all travel today,

and finally, following Annie's drawn instructions, we are going to make dream catchers with our feathers to hang above our beds to guard eachother's dreams.



In preparation for all this, last night I dyed 3 swan feathers with blackberries. Here is a painting of them as they dry.

I wore them in my hair today.
I am about to go walk the Labrynth. Tonight I will make the dream catcher.

1 comment:

  1. Made my dream catcher and hung it by my bed. I had a very sweet day wearing the feathers and thinking of you+Annie.

    ReplyDelete