Thursday, September 16, 2010

Day 372: Steps in the right direction.

I've gotten some really exciting feedback on my Joan of Arc project! No actual photographs yet, but they are on their way, I can feel it. If you, dear reader, care to submit, send your picture to geddeslevenson@gmial.com. Also send an address where you would like me to mail you a work of art in return.

I spent much of today making two stretchers, big stretchers, so I can make big paintings. Now all I have to do is get some canvas and stretch it. Here is a picture of one of the stretchers, it is 4' x 5'.

On the performance piece front, I made a somewhat successful attempt at dying a feather with blackberries. Unfortunately it smells of vinegar instead of berries. Here are some pictures of the feather soaking and an after shot.


Also drawings of Maggie with feathers in her hair.

And one final exciting note. I submitted some paintings to Bond Street Gallery's group show, and was accepted! I don't have more details yet (such as which pieces they chose) but I will post them as soon as I do.

2 comments:

  1. Ooooh, pretty. But more importantly,

    CONGRATULATIONS ARTSIST-WOMAN!! Tell us when the show is going to be up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll post as soon as I know. Can't wait to see you as Joan of Arc!

    ReplyDelete