Thursday, September 9, 2010

Day: 365!

My drawing teacher once told me that art and cooking are the same, and I tend to agree. So, to celebrate my one year anniversary as an official artist, I decided to expand my cooking horizons, hoping it would carry over a little into my art. I love baking, but have never ventured into the world of baked goods that involve yeast, so today gave pain au chocolat a try. It took about 6 hours all told, so quite an endeavor really, but it was so worth it at the end. Of course I burned my over-eager mouth on the melted chocolate, but doesn't that look good!


Tomorrow morning some friends, my sketchbook, and I are journeying to Martha's Vineyard for the weekend. I'm not sure I'll have internet, but I promise I'll be arting away anyway.

3 comments:

  1. Don't you mean 365? lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's a show up in the Smith art museum that's all epically scaled portraits of donuts. Mostly jelly donuts. Some of them were pretty beautiful and/or interesting, and your chocolate-y leaking pastries remind me of them.

    I went with a few math peepz to hear the artist speak about them, though, and we were disappointed. Felt she overlooked certain glaring feminine attributes of the donuts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Ellie: Heh, fixed. Guess we all know how I manged to miscount...

    @Maggie: I'll have to visit and check out the show! Mayhap I'll have to some epic pastry drawings.

    ReplyDelete