Friday, July 23, 2010

Day 301: A Prolific Day

Here's the progress I made on yesterday's canvas. I used gold leaf for the first time (you can see it at the borders of the bird silhouette) and it's pretty amazing. I also got out my oil paints for this one. They are so much fun, I love the way the go onto the canvas, and I ended up painting till midnight or so.

I also started gessoing over some old canvases, and turned them into new art.

Here are two birds, mirrors of each other, in full color.

I've been trying to figure out how these invisible birds on a wire fit in with my oil bird series, and here is something I came up with. I cut out an Ibis silhouette and gessoed around it on an old oil-bird painting. I like the look, though the painting is missing something. I think I'll add some more black.

No comments:

Post a Comment