Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Day 203: Seeing Anais Mitchell

I saw Anais Mitchell in concert today, she was absolutely amazing. It is always inspiring and intimidating to be in the presence of people with that much talent. She was talking about all these collaborative musical projects she is working on, including Hadestown, the folk opera inspired by the story of Eurydice and Orpheus that I mentioned in an earlier post.

It has me thinking recently about the line between personal moments and epic moments. I've been reflecting on their overlap, and I'm hoping to make something equally epic and personal. In the meantime, I've been looking at all the art I've made this year, and all the different directions it seems I'm headed. With this return to mythology, I'm finally feeling more centered, more on target. I've still got some thinking to do though.

No comments:

Post a Comment