Monday, December 7, 2009

Day 87: Artist Statements

I spent yesterday researching graduate schools and I have found some really exciting ones! I've still got to do a bit more research, but no matter where I apply, I am going to need an artist statement.

An artist statement is like a statement of purpose, it is somewhere between a thesis and a manifesto, but generally only a page long. It is both the most informative/ elucidating/ inspiring and frustrating/ overwhelming/ difficult thing an artist has to do. Putting words to every thought and idea and purpose that goes into your art making process.

That is what I am currently tasked with/ struggling to accomplish. It is one of those things much like cleaning your room or buying airplane tickets. It needs to be done, and you know good things will come of it, but you dread getting started on the task.

No comments:

Post a Comment