Saturday, November 21, 2009

Day 71: Moving Right Along

Any self-respecting artist knows the importance of hands. We live or die by our hands, and our ability to draw them. That is why my newest painting has me so excited/ anxious. It features hands. I wanted to draw the gesture of opening hands. I did a little prep work and the underdrawing for the painting.
I also feel like I'm being courted by markers, they are winning my heart little by little. I'm going to have to start using other things soon so markers don't just become my fall back medium (it isn't always that professional looking). Anyhow, here is the underdrawing.
I'm excited to see what comes of it. Alas, I leave town for a few weeks on Monday, so tomorrow is my last chance to work on it for a while. Don't feel to bad for me though, I'm going to spend two weeks in Miami with family and Art Basel.

1 comment: