Monday, October 19, 2009

Day 41: For Real This Time

My apologies to those who tried to check out my updated website yesterday and found faulty links. A final many hours today has it finally updated and working. I even added some new things to the painting section. Still I Had to put some paint on canvas, or rather masonite today. Here is my progress on the Penelope 3 painting. It's slow going, but I'm close to done and I want to finish it up just right. So far I'm working on the water, I'm going to put a touch more detail in the sand too.


Feedback at this stage is much appreciated, what needs work, what do you like what does or doesn't make sense what do you want from this painting etc...

4 comments:

  1. looking at this photo, I'm also wondering whether I was just standing too close to the painting yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good call. Annie came over today with some words of wisdom, just wait to see what I've got in store. Hopefully it will work out. 11pm, and I'm still in my studio working. This is the life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the energy in the execution, but I'm not at all comfy with it from a comp standpoint. It's not dynamic; you've got it divided right down the middle, and that's where all the action's happening as well. Needs to be balanced better. I think if you reassess the values throughout the background you might be able to save it.

    ReplyDelete