Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Day 21: It's Like Watching Paint Dry


The best laid plans of painters and artists... foiled waiting for paint to dry. I applied another coat to my dresses canvas, planning to sand it down once it dried. Only, it didn't. The sun came in my studio, then went back out again, then set. The paint (yes acrylic paint) was still wet. While generally this drying process only takes 5 minutes for acrylics, I got a little water happy with my mixture, and it took upwards of six hours for the paint ot finally dry.

Needless to say, I didn't get my dresses piece finished, but I did what any normal artist would do in the mean time, draw parrots.

I read a little more about sirens, turns out they are bird women. In order to draw them, I figured I needed to get more familiar with birds, how their joints work, how they can move etc... so, ladies and gentlemen, for today's viewing pleasure, I give you...

Parrots!

No comments:

Post a Comment