Friday, September 25, 2009

Day 17: Old love, first love

I even love the way my old Nikon f2 smells. I haven't printed a black and white photograph since sophomore year of college. I printed my first one junior year of high school. I used to spend hours in the darkroom, printing and developing. I love the orange red light. I love the way the picture slowly materializes when you put it in the developer. Photography was my first art, my first love.

Today as I was playing around with cutting out drawings of dresses, the sun snuck in through the windows. I felt it warm on my toes. As it stole across the room, it called to me. Then my phone rang. It was Eli "Wanna teach me photography today?" "Oh my god yes!" I grabbed my camera, and as I held it between my hands, well it has the familiar curves of a lover. I'm not sure if I got any good shots today, but I can't wait to find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment