Friday, September 18, 2009

Day 10: The Met and other delights

There is an irrefutable relationship between art and cooking. So when I tasted Webby's chicken tonight, I knew I was in the presence of a true master.

That juicy, herb infused, roasted chicken wasn't the only master work I was graced with today. I also got to make a trip to the Met. Worth it for the Van Gogh's alone, but there was even more great stuff! Another masterpiece of the day was a pumpkin cookie from the farmers market on Union square. Museum visits and delicious meals: occupational hazard.

Artistic developments of the day involve an interest in the power of the artifact. What would it be like to acknowledge our everyday objects as future artifacts?

2 comments:

  1. Yesterday I showed this guy your painting and also some of my sketches from figure drawing at as220.

    Does this mean I get a pumpkin cookie, too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It means you might incur the occupational hazard of delicious food, it isn't pumpkin cookie specific, but we'll see what we can do.

    ReplyDelete